Friday, November 19, 2010

_01: dressmaking

Dressmaking is a great way to get clothes that fit you perfectly, clothes you will not find on any other person, clothes made with the material and the colour of your choice.

Many people call in to ask the price for dressmaking.
To tell you the truth:                          'It's really upto me'.

That doesn't mean I play around with price. I am a very honest person, and I WILL offer you very good prices.             Then what really determines the price?    That's what I will cover in this post.

Firstly, the simplest and cheapest way for dressmaking is to have a pattern for the item you are wishing to make. These can be viewed and purchased at all fabrics store as far as I know. The price for dressmaking will be affected by the design that you are going for. For example, whether the design requires binding, pockets, etc. Then, you might want to alter the pattern to some degree, such as from a rounded neck to a V-lined one. This probably will affect the price.





Secondly, dressmaking is affected by the type of material being used. Fabrics such as silk and shiffon are difficult to handle, and therefore require more effort on my part. The types of fabric to be used for a dress is not all free-choice, but options will be provided on the pattern you have purchased.

Lastly, the amount of time you give me will also be a determining factor. Allow plenty of time for a number of good fitting sessions for the PERFECT dress!


The best way is to drop in with a good idea of what you are wanting to do: I am located at 774 Dominion Rd Mt Roskill Auckland :- ]

No comments:

Post a Comment